The Town Panchayats of the State of Karnataka are now covered under the Sakala / Karnataka Guarantee of Services to Citizens Act, 2011. The TMCs are bound to provide following services in Time Bound Manner,
- Issue of Birth, Death & Still Birth Certificate by Chief Officer – 3 to 7 Days
- Khatha Extract/Certificate – by Chief Officer – 3 to 7 Days
- Grant of Licence for carrying out trades as prescribed by Chief Officer – 30 Working Days
- Sanction of Building Plan in sites upto 2400 sq.ft. dimension for residential single dwelling by Junior Engineer within 30 Days
- Permission for new connection for water supply and Under Ground Drainage in service area by Junior Engineer within 15 Days
You can download the exclusive Town Panchyat’s Karnataka Citizen Services Guide [PDF] The detailed description of Duties of Officers and Deadlines within which they serve the Citizens is available in the manual.