In a Historic Move to curb corruption and bring transparency in administration, the Government of Karnataka has brought all the Regional Transport Offices under the ambit of Sakala / Karnataka Guarantee of Services to Citizens Act, 2011. Thus all RTO Offices across Karnataka have to provide the following services to Citizens within allotted time as mentioned below.
- Learning License / LLR – 7 Days
- Driving License / Duplicate Licence – 30 Days
- Registrationof Vehicle – 7 Days
- DuplicateRegistrationCertificate – 30 Days
- Bus pass forschoolchildren – 7 Days
- Free Bus passfor FreedomFighters – 15 Days
- Concession Bus pass for physicallychallengedperson – 15 Days
- Accident Relief – 30 Days
You can download the exclusive Karnataka RTO / Transport Department Guaranteed Citizens Service Manual [PDF] The detailed Duties of Officers and Deadlines within which they serve the Citizens in any RTO / State Transport Department is available in the manual.