Government of Karnataka has brought the Department of Commercial Taxes under the most sought after Karnataka Citizens Right To Services Act / Sakala. The various services of Commercial Tax covered under the mandatory citizen service act with timelines are as follows,
- Issue of Registration under the KarnatakaValue Added Tax Act2003 – 15 Days
- Issue of Clearance Certificate under theKarnataka ValueAdded Tax Act 2003 – 15 Days
- Issue of Registrationunder the Central SalesTax Act – 15 Days
- Issue of C Formsunder the Central SalesTax Act – 10 Days
- Issue of H Formsunder the Central SalesTax Act – 10 Days
You can download the complete Karnataka Commercial Tax Office Citizen Services Manual [PDF] which details the officers and responsibilities useful for any disputes or appeals.